Friday, August 10, 2007

better omens and worse omens

I still would really like to see what Terry Gilliam would make of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens (AKA The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch). Just sayin'.

Meanwhile as Stardust gets teased my flatmate is so filled with the impression that this is a future bomb that she has to say so out loud. She says she's generally up on the new coming movies and this one she knows nothing about except that the trailer gives her this impression.

I, on the other hand, have no idea what movies may be coming soon except there's one called Stardust (seems to be out) and another called Beowulf (coming soon) both of which are related to one Neil Gaiman.

Now I haven't pursued his output quite as much as Pratchett's (for years the only meaning his name had to me was "the other guy on the cover of Good Omens") and Stardust is among the unread. I don't actually know anything about it except I've liked a lot of the other stuff this fellow does. And he has good taste in coauthors for novels. When I see the Stardust trailer I see... well, actually, it does seem a little lame. I'm hoping that a one minute trailer just can't capture the intricacies that is good story telling. It seems like a reasonable hope.

No comments: